Feel the Difference...

Providing your Tax Data

You may securely share your data with us via our Client Center which offers enterprise-level security, or in hard copy or other secure means. 

When you engage our services, we will be happy to set up a unique account for you at our Client Center and send you an invitation to sign on and set up a password. You can then upload information we need to prepare your filings and we will also post drafts of your return or other forms we prepare for you there so that you can view or retrieve them. Below is a list of information items/documents we typically need to prepare a U.S. income tax return, or the common information forms such as FinCEN Form 114 (FBAR), Form 8938, 8621, 5471, 3520, 8854, etc.

  • Yours, your spouse's (if filing jointly or separately) and your U.S. dependents' social security number, or ITIN (individual taxpayer identity number) in the case of non-U.S. dependents.

  • If your marital status changed during the tax years for which returns are to be prepared, please provided details.

  • If the number of your U.S. dependents changed, please provide details.

  • German income tax return, or other foreign country income tax return, Steuerbescheid and/or Steuerberechnung - for each year a U.S. income tax return is to be prepared. The foreign income tax return is usually our main source of data for taxpayers resident outside the U.S.

  • Prior year U.S. federal and State income tax returns (we would like to see the last U.S. income tax return you filed if available)

  • Investment income statements, e.g., Steuerbescheinigung, Form 1099-INT/DIV/B, Form 1042-S, Form K-1, etc.

  • Miscellaneous income statements, e.g. Form 1099-MISC .

  • Details of income and expenses for your foreign rental activity if any.

  • Details of any government benefits you received, such as, social security benefits/pensions, unemployment pay, Elterngeld, etc.

  • Sometimes we need your U.S. travel information during the tax year. Please keep note of this, including the number of business days and any states you worked in, if applicable.

  • Bank name, address, and account information including highest balance in the year for your FinCEN Form 114 and Form 8938.

  • Details of any gifts (or inheritance) you received from a non-U.S. person including the date of gifting/inheritance, a description and the fair market value of the gift/bequest.

  • If you owned entirely or a share of a foreign corporation, we may need the annual financial statements to prepare Form 5471.

  • If you were a partner in a foreign partnership, we may need the partnerships annual financial statements to prepare Form 8865.

  • If you expatriated, we will need details of your assets and certain values for the preparation of your Form 8854.

Clients are invited to share their data with us via our Onvio Client Center and confirm or updated their personal data. If you have not already been set up at our Client Center, contact us to arrange this. Access your account by clicking on the button below and providing your access information.


Tel: 06101-995-3959 or 06101-995-0235

Fax: 06101-995-3958

An der Kirche, 61118 Bad Vilbel, Germany